Appel à candidatures - Financial Administrative Manager
Job Description: Financial Administrative Manager
The AFTURD is implementing as Project Partner No.5 the project “Co-producing social policies with Social and Solidarity Economy (SSE) actors to fight poverty, inequality and social exclusion / MedTOWN”, which is funded under the EU cooperation programme ENI CBC MED 2014-2020. It´s main objective is firstly, to promote the co-production of social policies through the establishment of multi-stakeholders partnerships that will reinforce the role of SSE actors and secondly, to develop a joint policy and regulatory framework of ‘co-production’ of social services. The initiative is based on i) Action Research to support the design of effective public policies on the provision of social services, ii) on capacity building through training and the exchange of professionals, iii) on the demonstration of good “co-production practices” and iv) on the sub-granting of “pilot projects of co-production” of social services. The partnership of the project is composed by 9 partners and 7 associate partners from six countries: Spain, Greece, Portugal, Palestine, Jordan and Tunisia.
In Tunisia, the project aims at scaling up the activities of the “Centre El AMen”, the first centre for Women Victims of Violence (WVV). Until today, mainly due to the scarce of economic resources and the lack of strategic impetus, the centre covers only the 1st phase of treatment for WVV, which is the therapeutic. During the implementation of the MedTOWN project, the AFTURD will try to cover the 2nd phase of transition, through the co-production model. The idea is to co-produce basic social housing services for women victims of gender-based violence (WVV), addressing the lack of positive mechanisms for their gradual socio-economic autonomy. Women will strengthen their capacities through multidisciplinary training, the promotion of a participatory environment, the improvement of their economic rights and their skills in order to become independent and autonomous. At political level, AFTURD, will initiate a series of awareness activities and studies on the legal framework of Social Solidarity Economy and the activation of the comprehensive law against gender violence. It will do so by utilising its networks and partners. Among them, the Tunisian General Labour Union (UGTT) with its huge contribution to the development of the law SSE.
Within this context, AFTURD, is looking to hire a person as Financial Administrative Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
The Financial and Administrative Manager will be in charge of the management of financial and administrative functions, including accounting, reporting, internal control, procurement and relationship with auditors. He/she will assist the Project Coordinator with the following main responsibilities:
- Prepares contracts with providers, consultants and contractors in compliance with procurement rules: preparation of tender documents, follow-up of selection and contracting process, purchase orders, financial follow-up of contracts & their renewals
- Assists in project monitoring: provide assistance in the preparation of financial progress reports and the applications for reimbursements
- Provides logistic and administrative support and coordinate and organize meetings, conferences, workshops
- Participates in project meetings, trainings and events
- Participates in training seminars organised by the ENI CBC ME Programme for the project partners’ finance and first level control (FLC) staff
Qualifications / Selection criteria
- Education relative to the objective and the activities of the project OR BA on Economic and Social Sciences
- Qualification or proven professional experience in administrative and/or organisational matters;
- Practical experience in carrying out public procurement procedures;
- Outstanding organisational skills, accuracy and assertiveness;
- Good computer literacy (Microsoft Office and database software);
- Ability to manage different tasks at the same time and to respect deadlines
- Familiarity with gender politics
- Fluency in English;
Other important skills to be considered as assets
- Familiarity with the administrative and financial rules of EU-funded projects or programmes; preferably the ENI CBC MED Programme
- Past experience of working within a team in a European / international environment;
- Good knowledge of project financial management software and tools needed for financial reporting
- Open-mindedness and resourcefulness; independence, but good team working abilities
- Ability to juggle different tasks at the same time and to respect deadline;
- Fluency in at least one of the other ENI CBC MED languages;
Terms and conditions of employment – Location
Type of contract: work and / or service
Day: 40 hours per week.
Duration: at least 30 months
Work place: Tunis
Salary: According to internal scale of the organization.
Incorporation date: 15 June 2020
Applications – Application procedure – General Information for applicants
Interested persons shall send their CV, diplomas and cover letter by e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 20 May 2020 at midnight (Tunisia time)